Wednesday, May 25, 2011

#5 (Part 1)

I promise I'm alive. I didn't abandon you little bloggie! I'm back from vacation and just getting back in the swing of things. I miss getting to take a nap everyday. 

Anyways, we spent a week exploring Seattle, Vancouver, and Victoria. I've never been to any of them, and it was so fun! Plus, it allowed me to cross off #5 on my 24x24 list: go on a fabulous vacation. I'll be splitting up my recap into 2 parts: Seattle and Canada. 

First, we headed up to Seattle. We took advantage of the sunny (but chilly!) day and walked around Pike Place Market. We managed to arrive during the Cheese festival (yesss free samples) and ate lunch down there. 



The flowers there are gorgeous!


Next, we headed up to the Space Needle. It was a little bit crowded because of the beautiful weather, but still fun! And we laughed a little bit because there was a Starbucks up there (it reminded us of that Austin Powers movie where the Starbucks headquarters is in the Space Needle!)




That night, we headed to Pioneer Square and had dinner. There was a Seattle Sounders game that night, so we were pretty much the only ones not wearing jerseys! The pictures start to die off here since the rain showed up to play for a few days. 

The next day we took the Underground Tour. I'm kind of a history nerd so it was really interesting to learn more about how Seattle started. That night we went to The Pink Door for dinner. It's kind of a hidden gem, since there's no sign....just a pink door. Food was delicious, plus they put on a trapeze show (random?). Afterwards, we hit up the original Starbucks! (I always thought there would be a ton of cute independent coffee shops in Seattle...nope. It's all Starbucks. Like one every block.)

The next day we drove to Canada for a few days, then came back the day before our flight out. We hit up Pike Place Market again and ate lunch at Beecher's Cheese. If you've been to Pike Place, this is the place where they have a big vat of curds being made in the corner window. We didn't try curds (um, no thanks), but we did enjoy some BOMB grilled tomato, basil and cheese sandwiches. Yum.


I'll be back later to recap Vancouver and Victoria! 

No comments:

Post a Comment