Wednesday, September 28, 2011

What I'm reading: September

Ok, first of all, I can't believe it's the end of September already. Seriously?! Here is what I've been reading:

Lunch in Paris. I love learning more about Paris (I need to go back!) and so to satisfy my yearning, I picked this up. Elizabeth describes how she met and fell in love with a French man and ends up moving to Paris. I love the descriptions - good and bad - of the city. A fun, fantasy read. I loved vicariously living through her and learning more about the city I adore. Plus, the recipes sound yummy (and pretty difficult to try!)

Another Paris-themed read: The Paris Wife. This is a fictionalized account of Ernest Hemingway and his first wife. I didn't know too much about Hemingway's life, but I loved learning more. It takes place in 1920's Paris, and you get to feel like you're in an extended version of Midnight in Paris. I didn't want it to end. 

I also finished up the Hunger Games trilogy. I really liked it! They were quick, interesting reads. I won't give away too much here, but you should check them out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment