Monday, June 21, 2010

These are a few of my favorite things...

Ahh summer....doesn't this season just feel like the world just exhaled? Like everything is so much more relaxed and carefree. Here's a few of my favorite things about summer:

-BBQing. In my household, turning on the oven from now until late September is just not allowed. My dad has taken to cooking everything in the BBQ. Frozen pizza? Sure! French fries? Why not?
-Beach. In my mind, there's nothing better than soaking up the sun until the heat becomes almost too much to bear, and then diving into that cold, cold water. It's the definition of refreshing.
-Fresh produce. Everything just seems to taste better in summer. A ripe tomato sprinkled with a little kosher salt is kind of perfection for me right now. My other favs: watermelon (that you have to eat outside since the juice is dripping down your arm), berries (on everything), frozen grapes and corn on the cob.
-Slurpees. Or any other member of the icee family.
-Fireworks.
-Day and weekend trips.
-Naps with the windows open and a breeze blowing in.
-Reading outside.
-Ice cream.
-That first blast of AC when you come in from outside.
-Driving with the windows down and the music up.
-Margaritas. Enough said.

Anything you love about summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment