Sunday, May 29, 2011

#5 (Part 2)

Ok, on to Canada! We spent 4 nights in Vancouver and 1 in Victoria. We started our time in Vancouver exploring Gastown (and the abundance of souvenir shops there). 



The next day we headed to the Capilano Suspension Bridge. I was psyched for it. My parents, not so much. But we all made it across fine!



Later that day, we headed to Stanley Park and Prospect Point. We wandered around for a few hours. We peeked over the wall of the aquarium and saw beluga whales! And I promptly sang the baby beluga song for the rest of the day. And now it's stuck in my head again...


That night was the playoff hockey game between the Canucks and San Jose Sharks. The entire city was cheering the Canucks on...they won!

The next day we headed to Granville Island. Loved it! They have a large farmer's market and tons of food. I had a bagel and a delicious raspberry and dark chocolate scone that I'm still dreaming of. We took a walk around the harbor there. 



Then it was onto a ferry to Victoria. Such a gorgeous ride (and pretty sure we saw a bald eagle on our trip!). 


Oh man, I loved Victoria. If I ever move to Canada, this is where I'd want to be. It's a really sweet town with gorgeous neighborhoods, and a to-die-for view of the harbor. Here is the Empress, famous for their $58/person tea. Really?! Yeah, we passed on that. 


The Parliament building. That they let people wander around. For free. No security checkpoint. No big deal. 


Victoria had a ton of good pubs to eat at. Which I was carded to go into. (P.S. Canada's drinking age is 19. I'm 23. Thanks Canada). But I digress. Lots of good food to be had! Wish we were there for longer than 1 night. 

The next morning we headed to the Butchart Gardens. The gardens were stunning. I've never seen so many gorgeous tulips in bloom.  




We booked a reservation for afternoon tea there (for $26/person, thankyouverymuchempresshotel!) Oh man...the tea was so fantastic. My mom and I had a ball! My dad was kind of bored, but he put on a brave face. All the food was good, their truffles were melt in your mouth heaven, and I wish I could have their ginger scones every. single. day. We ordered 3 pots of tea and they were all fantastic, but we loved the Rose one the best. I seriously couldn't stop that day. I finally clocked in at 6 cups of tea! Whew. But it was so fun. Highly highly recommended!


And that's it! We headed back to Seattle and then back home. Already planning a re-visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment