Tuesday, November 30, 2010

What I'm reading: November


Snore. This story tells the tale of a woman (I forgot her name...I was that bored) and what impact one decision would have on her life. It tells two parallel tales - one where she cheats on her husband, one where she doesn't. The man she has an affair with in one story plays snooker and you will want to throw the book out the window after 500 pages of snooker stories. Or maybe that's just me. 


Ok, I feel like I missed something reading this book. Like there was some forward that explained what the heck was going on, and my book didn't have it. Beyond being confused, I just didn't like the writing. There was a lot of backtracking, like "let me tell you something, but oh wait, I forgot to tell you the thing that happened first, ok now let's get back to what I really wanted to talk about..." Over and over. Not my best month for books. 

No comments:

Post a Comment