Thursday, December 1, 2011

Cooking with Sydney

So it's time for another cooking adventure with Sydney! (And it's always an adventure when I cook). Tonight, I made Pasta alla Formiana. I saw this on Giada's show a few weeks ago, and decided it would a perfect, comforting meal for a blustery day like today. Pasta is a speciality of mine, and I decided this would be a welcome change. Taking the advice of many of the reviews, I cut down the amount of oregano in the recipe (it calls for 1/4 cup, I used about 1 1/2 tablespoons) and added another garlic clove for added flavor. I kept taste-testing to make sure it didn't get mushy (and taste-testing is the best part of cooking). I pulled it out at 53 minutes and let it cool to just below lava hotness before popping it in my mouth. Yummy! Really flavorful and really easy. The sauce ended up tasting really similar to a pasta sauce, so I'm wondering if it would be possible to just use that in a pinch. Oh Giada, your recipes never fail me. 

In other news, happy December! I'm cracking open my advent calendar today!

No comments:

Post a Comment