Monday, December 5, 2011

Gettin' crafty with it

How was your first weekend of December? I spent mine cleaning out the garage, trimming the tree and eating copious amounts of muddy buddies (so addicting). 


I'm not sure what it is about the holidays, but it makes me have crafty fever. Today, I took on the task of making a wreath. I bought a plain fake wreath along with ornaments, glittery picks and some ribbon. First, I had to make a bow. Turns out, I don't really know how to make one. After wrestling with it, I finally did the smart thing and googled how to do it. Using these instructions, I created a simple bow. Then I sprinkled some ornaments and pinecones to create a basic structure. I snipped apart the picks and interspersed them throughout to add even more sparkle (because go big or go home right?) All in all, I think it only cost about $20 and took about an hour (although let's be honest, most of that time was spent trying to figure out the bow situation). 

I think this would be a totally fun project for a party with the girls! Wreath-making, ugly Christmas sweaters, spiked cider...I'm down! 

No comments:

Post a Comment