Monday, December 6, 2010

The Christmas spirit

Whew, anyone else feeling as busy and exhausted as I am? Of course you are, it's the holidays. 

Yesterday, my cousin and I took a day off from all that hubbub to spend some time together. Since our birthdays are just days apart, we decided to skip birthday and Christmas gifts in favor of actually doing something. We headed down to 3rd St Promenade for a day filled with crepes, shopping, drinks and ice skating. It was wonderful and I think it's going to be our new yearly tradition. 

Coupled with the fact that my family decorated our house this weekend, I'm finally getting into that Christmas spirit. I'm ready for gingerbread, Christmas lights, peppermint cocoa and holiday movies. Here are some of my favs:

Elf (never fails to make me smile. "Smiling's my favorite!")
It's a Wonderful Life (there's just nothing bad about this movie. Nothing.)
A Christmas Story (I watch the 24 hour marathon of this on Christmas. And then pass out in a pile of my Christmas presents, much like Randy does in the movie)

Do you have any must-watch movies to get you in the holiday spirit?

2 comments: