Wednesday, December 22, 2010

What I'm reading: December

I apologize for the slow down in posts...but what can I say, it's been hectic lately. Gift shopping, wrapping, holiday partying, visiting with friends back in town and planning a bridal shower...yeah I'm busy. But I still had time to speed through a few quick reads:


Elinor and Ted are struggling to have a child, when she learns he has been having an affair. The situation gets even more complicated when the mistress's son becomes involved. Deals with heavy hitters such as infidelity and infertility, but still ends on a hopeful note.


The author relives the best summer of her life. In the middle of WWII, she moves to NYC and finds a job at Tiffany's. It was magical to experience what life was like in the forties...what they wore, where they went on dates, they way they spoke. A quick read. 


This was one of my favorite books as a kid, and I was so excited to receive it from a friend recently. Claudia and her brother run away from home and hide out in the Metropolitan Museum of Art. They manage to escape discovery for days and along the way discover a mysterious statue that may be a lost work of Michelangelo's. I think I finished it in a day. Just as good as I remembered. (Although I'm pretty sad to read that the fountain that plays a big role in the book doesn't exist in that museum anymore).

No comments:

Post a Comment