Monday, January 17, 2011

Bridal shower


Remember my last post when I said I would have pics of the bridal shower I threw to share? Yep, I lied. Straight up lied to you. This was one of the few pictures I took and I'm so bummed. But it was a great shower, if I do say so myself. I'll try to paint the picture. 

The decor:
I didn't do much in the way of decor, my mom and I put together some centerpieces (above), where we nestled sparkly rings in among the flowers. I also set out some sparkly balloons to add to the fun atmosphere. 


The food and drinks:
I had lunch catered (so much better than my original idea of cooking). Chicken, rolls and salad from the most delicious local restaurant ever. I picked up water and sparkling lemonade for refreshing beverages, and my aunt's mom made amazing strawberry margaritas. My aunt picked up rich red velvet cupcakes and I brought macarons. I set out bowls of ring pops as extra treats. 

The favors:
I have to admit, the favors were my favorite thing to dream up and create. I had so many ideas I had trouble making a decision! In the end, I settled on two favors. I picked up some mini champagne bottles and filled them with pastel candy, and completed them with a simple sticker. I also made some wedding cake candy lollipops. I even tied them up with shiny ribbon and two wedding rings! The pictures of them didn't turn out, but trust me they were cute. (Let's just say I am no Martha Stewart in the kitchen, so that is why I'm especially braggy about these)

Overall, I was proud of myself! I only went to my first bridal shower last year, so planning one was a little nerve-wracking. I think my cousin really enjoyed herself, and that was the most important part! (At the end, she even treated me to a thank-you present, cause she is both sweet and classy.) Hope you had fun dear!

No comments:

Post a Comment