Thursday, January 19, 2012

New recipes

In keeping with my new year's resolutions, I've been trying out some new recipes. A couple of weeks ago, I made orzo with roasted vegetables. Instead of using the vegetables suggested, I used what we had on hand (bell peppers, grape tomatoes, and zucchini). I also skipped the pine nuts and scallions. But it still turned out great - really flavorful and healthy. 

Then tonight, I tried out a chicken stir fry. I saw this last night when I was watching Paula Deen at the gym, and while I was a little skeptical of trying out an asian dish from a southern lady, I decided to go for it. Again, I changed it based on what veggies we had (bell peppers and snow peas). It was so good. It tasted like takeout - only better! We all gave this a thumbs up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment