Thursday, May 31, 2012

What I'm reading: May

Lately, I've been reading 2 books at once: a non-fiction one and a fiction one. Here is what I read this month:

Then Again, by Diane Keaton. I must say, I'm a sucker for a celebrity auto/biography. This one was no disappointment. It was less of a "linear" story, and more of a series of vignettes. It was refreshingly honest and interesting. 

Home Safe, by Elizabeth Berg. I love the way that Berg writes. Her writing is so descriptive and enveloping, you feel completely wrapped up in the story. She writes about a mother and adult daughter coping with the death of the father of the family.  The mother must learn to stand on her own 2 feet now that her daughter is out of the house and her husband is no longer around, lessons that I think can apply to any age. A good read. 


No comments:

Post a Comment