Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Chanel

[Image: imdb.com]
So I watched two films recently about Chanel's life: Coco Chanel (the lifetime one) and Coco Avant Chanel.
The Coco Chanel one was pretty good. Not great. I guess my main complaint was the choice of Shirley MacLaine as the older Chanel. She didn't even speak with an accent!
Coco Avant Chanel was pretty good too. Great costuming. And I love Audrey Tautou (if you haven't seen Amelie yet...what are you doing??) She seemed like a great fit as Chanel. And I must admit, it was nice to get to listen to french, it is a beautiful language.
Knowing next to nothing about Chanel's life going into these movies, it's hard to say which one (if either) tells an accurate story. But it was really interesting to learn more about the icon behind the brand. (And now I want to know even more...)

No comments:

Post a Comment