Thursday, August 11, 2011

Thursday night dinners

I've mentioned before that Thursday nights have been designated my nights to cook. One of my 24x24 goals was to branch out a bit more and learn to cook something new. 

I've been watching the Food Network during my workouts (oftentimes causing me to drool all over the treadmill. Thanks Paula Deen and your beignets). The other day I happened to catch part of Giada's show. She made some delicious-looking grilled veggie sandwiches. They seemed easy enough for even me to attempt. But I think I have cooking ADD. Every time I read a recipe that's a little too long, my eyes start to glaze over and I go "eh whatever, I'll just wing it!!" So I read the recipe, but ended up doing a simpler version. I only used zucchini since we had some growing in the garden. I also nixed the tarragon and thyme. I cooked the zucchini in a pan instead of a grill (they turned out fine). I mixed the ingredients, made the sandwiches, and crossed my fingers for a good reaction from the guinea pigs parents. Let's just say...I would have pictures to share with you, except we all wolfed these down way too fast for me to capture some. We all loved it (even my die-hard carnivore dad). I will definitely be making these again!


No comments:

Post a Comment