Sunday, October 16, 2011

Paris

So, let's talk about Paris.

Paris, my dream city. 
Paris, the reason I took French in high school. 
Paris, the place I was most excited to visit on my backpacking trip to Europe in 2008.
Paris, the city I was hoping would be like this. (It's still like this in my head)

Oh Paris, someday I'll revisit you. When I have more time and money. When it's not 90% humidity out. 

There's so much I'm dying to do. Walk around inside Versailles and see the fountains outside. Visit Shakespeare and Co, an English-language bookstore. Go inside Notre Dame. Explore the Louvre more. Eat macarons at Laduree. Stroll down the Champs-Elysees. Climb up the Arc de Triomphe. Go to the tippy top of the Eiffel Tower. Remember what it felt like to be in a new place, witnessing something amazing, and dancing with pure joy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment